The first set of photos are looking rearwards (and upwards).
The pipe comes forward around the RHS of the boiler and then dog-legs to get around the RHS rear wheel.
|Continuing from the dog-leg with clamp in place|
|'T' Junction upwards to cab|
|Up through an interesting hole in the cab floor|
|Then stitching across to the LHS between the exhaust pipes and the water tank...|
|...down and round the tank bottom corner and towards the front...|
|...alongside the LHS exhaust pipe...|
|...towards the front...|
|...beneath the water tank and then above the front axle...|
|...finally dropping down to avoid the counter shaft and|
diagonally across to the front vacuum connection
|The front vacuum connection|
|Diagonal and level then up and over the axle|
|Up and over the front axle|
|To the rear of the water tank bottom then stitch between the pipes|
The vertical pipe will have the vacuum ejector connected along with the brake operating handle, vacuum gauge and vacuum relief valve.
|Where the little sucker connects!|
A few points of note:
There are seven union joint fittings between the front and rear buffer beams. These enable the whole pipe structure to be dismantled and removed. Since I installed from rear to front, dismantling should be done from the front to the rear.
All the pipe's tapered male to parallel female thread connections have been sealed using Heldite. I find this superior by far to Teflon tape as it is easy to brush on and it fills all the gaps. It also does not set hard and allows the joints to be undone at a later date.
I'm not sure I like the diagonal pipe towards the front although it does not seem to be in the way of anything else.
Another day or two should see the underneath vacuum piping completed then the cab apparatus gets its turn. I'm starting to feel quite confident that the end is in sight!